Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nothing But Pointless Musings

Voicemail menus are slow and complicated on purpose, so phone companies can squeeze every possible extra second out of your phone plan.

Bono and U2 definitely outshined Billie Joe and Green Day on Monday Night Football, despite what all those emo/screamo/wannabe-punk kids will tell you. But it was still cool to see them on stage together.

Why does Hollywood remake good movies? Shouldn't they remake the bad ones?

That brunette I'm hard-up for officially hates me. If anyone wants to ask a lonely, pathetic, self-righteous blogger out on a date, message me for my phone number. (seriously)

The San Diego Padres are now two games ahead of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kick ass.

I'm almost in agreement with Bob Dylan: modern music tends to suck. I don't really think it's the talent... it's more to do with all the emo/screamo/wannabe-punk bands that are full of "musicians" who can't read music.

MySpace is taking over the world. There's apparently a MySpace television show now. That's ridiculously frightening.

High school kids with MySpace quotes like "live every day like its your last" really annoy me. As do people with quotes from Will Farrell movies... especially Anchorman. People, you are not kind of a big deal. In fact, you're all idiots.

Anybody who feels like going to Croatia for a couple of weeks during summer of 2007, let me know. I'm planning a trip and, unlike many of my recent plans, I'd like to see this one NOT fall through.

American Dad
is better than The Family Guy.

Goodyear blimps flying over domed stadiums during football games seems kind of pointless to me.

Soldiers should never feel guilty for being alive when someone they know is killed, but we do anyway.

If the world went through a Sudoku craze instead of a Karaoke craze, the world would be less annoying. Damn the Japanese. Damn them.

I wish I could cook. I wish I could dance. So much so, I will one day attend culinary school and enroll at a dance studio. Really.

Mitch Hedberg was right... life would be easier if we all just had one long curvy tooth.

My nephew won't date a cheerleader because he thinks they're "peppy" all of the time. Personally, I think my nephew is gay, but oh, well.

I read about two crimes this past week that officially make me sorry to be a human being. I won't go into detail here, but one involved a pregnant woman, her three kids, and a babysitter, and the other involved a man getting angry at his wife and daughter while driving.

Writing would be easier for me if I were better at it.

So would brain surgery.

I'm really pissed that not one person that counted answered the questions from my last blog.

Calgon, take me away. If you know what that means, you are officially too old.

This was very pointless... and not very musing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

::passes Jeff the Calgon::

Posted by Jessica Lynn on September 26, 2006 - Tuesday - 7:44 AM

Anonymous said...

I didn't have time to answer questions last time, and I don't f'ing matter anyway so why bother right?

Calgon take me away....what if I remember but was very young at the time.

Feel guilty anyway, even though I shouldn't.

Good possibility your nephew is gay.

Blimps should be fired upon.

I'm late for work because of this damned myspace shit so I gotta go.

Have some kudos, they're crunchy, yet satisfying.

Posted by Cowan on September 26, 2006 - Tuesday - 9:32 AM

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I studder!!! (double posted)

Have more, screw it, they're free and worthless!! :)

Posted by Cowan on September 26, 2006 - Tuesday - 9:33 AM

Anonymous said...

"I'm really pissed that not one person that counted answered the questions from my last blog."


That's...that's mildly insulting.... :)


American Dad is hit or miss, for me. While some (admittedly MOST) of them are funny as hell, Family Guy tends to hit the mark more often. Though, I'll concede that AD is consistently funnier this year than last year.

Posted by Geoffry on September 27, 2006 - Wednesday - 8:03 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...