Monday, August 31, 2009

More Inebriated Profoundness

No, I'm not as blitzed as I was the last time I blogged drunk, but I'm still a bit loopy. So, in light of the fact that a friend of mine just passed out while on the phone with me, I'm going to attempt ten profound thoughts again.

Or, rather, not-so-profound thoughts.

We shall see what we see, won't we? (somebody please tell me what movie that's from... I can't think)

1. I do not sing. I cannot sing. I don't care what you heard or from whom.

2. One plus one equals two.

3. Blood is definitely thicker than water... and leaves a bigger mess when spilled.

4. I had two cigarettes in the past week. I think this makes me a bad person.

5. Whoever said "there's no place like home" never went anywhere.

6. Don't axe me a question!

007. James Bond is the shit.

8. Friends you've never met are less likely to judge you.

9. Damn you, Barefoot! Cheap Merlot isn't supposed to be good!

10. Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd were way better Angels than Farrah Fawcett ever was. Yeah, I said it. Got a problem?

Meh... I didn't drink enough, I think.

14 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

"A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts" According to Google somebody called Steve Fergosi said this. I did check to see what Steve Fergosi was famous for and it turns out he is famous for saying "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts". There is a philosophy of life hidden away somewhere in there but I'm not sure I can be bothered finding it.

Bill G. said...

If a friend passed out while on the phone with you ... not good.

Brian Miller said...

007 os the bomb. 8 is funny, true and sad...

Ravyn said...

I've really never read anyone so profound while drinking. LOL Smoking does not make you a bad person - it makes you human *GASP*!

As for "axe" - that is probably one of my biggest pet peeves!

Baino said...

Haha . . my son's girlfriend says 'axed' all the time, she knows it's wrong just can't get her tongue around the word 'asked'. Ha! Is your friend OK or are you passed caring . .Hot tip . .getting pissed with said friend is much more fun than doing it over the phone! And which 007! C'mon surely you're not speaking literally. . .Connery is unsurpassed. Discuss! Hey, you've never met me but I've already decided you're a lush! Like knows like.

Tess Kincaid said...

Okay, put down the axe.

Wings said...

You were less drunk this time???

Carrie F. said...

You're the one with the soothing voice. Sue me!

Ravyn said...

Soothing voice??? hmmmm LOL

Anonymous said...

james bond rocks!

Megan said...

I had two cigarettes in the past hour...

Kate Hanley said...

Phone drinking? Is that like phone sex only not as much fun? I've been sneaking cigs at rehearsals because my ASM smokes...so I'm not a bad person, he is. Nice post, totally agree about 007.

Yoork said...

I loved Jaclyn Smith.

Bitsy said...

#6 is so painful coming from you.

#8 Are you kidding me? Is your RL worse than RS?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...