Monday, June 22, 2009

Irreverent Irrelevance

Hmm... I'm not too entirely sure how to proceed here. I feel as though I'm speaking (or writing, rather) to an all-new audience, despite the likelihood that the only people going to be reading this are my existing readers. I'm also not too entirely sure if I want to proceed here, to be honest, as I've finally linked the rants posted on my original home (MySpace) to my slightly newer home (Facebook) and can now post in both places at the same time with FB's pretty awesome RSS import feature.

Still, there is something appealing about this place, and one of my irregular readers suggested that I'd be better off here.

Anyway, I expressed concern to a fellow blogger that I needed to write something here that properly set the tone for new readers' expectations, but I can't figure out what can possibly do that. So, I'm just going to put it simply in black and white: I write about anything and everything that comes to mind. A lot about movies and television, some politics and religion (including quite a bit about the military), fairly frequent entries on sports (particular San Diego's sports teams... or lack thereof), and even the occasional short story (really short... I tend to call them "character studies," as they're so short). I do this thing called "Random Musings" when there's much I want to say about a great deal many things, but lack the wherewithal to write anything significant. And, yes, I vent about my own life quite often.

I'm still waiting for more opinions concerning the move here. Two of my regulars have already found me, but I'm not sure how many of the others would bother with following me around.

I would also love your thoughts on whether or not I should re-post my old entries here as some sort of on-site archive. I'm on the fence about that one.

Random Musings

I was just asked if Queen were better than the Eagles. Is that even a fair question?

Got a funny feeling that Biden's prediction that Obama would be severely tested within his first six months of office might come true. It's going to be interesting to see how he deals with North Korea, should a certain whack-job decide to fire a missile towards Hawaii. If I read about "harsh language" from the White House one more time, I'll puke.

Hey, Chargers fans, you must be laughing your asses off over the whole Ryan Leaf debacle. I thought I would be, but after having seen the dude, I totally feel sorry for him.

Anybody else think this Robert Pattinson kid looks like he walked into a wall one too many times?

Futurama is returning to TV. That is fucking awesome.

While I'm on the subject of cussing, does blogspot's Terms of Service mandate I put the adult content warning up? Or is this like the MPAA in that I can use it once and still get a PG-13 rating?

Speaking of the MPAA... what a bunch of jokes they are.

From the looks of it, all those fond memories of G.I. Joe are going to join my fond memories of Charlie's Angels and Star Wars: in the trash can.

2 comments:

Wings said...

Well, I like blogger, even more since you showed me how to import to FB. Thanks dude!

I like all your types of musings, writing, whatever. Just keep writing man!

And I don't know WHAT the hell is up with Pattison's face. It is weird.

Add "Land of the Lost" to the pile of movies that are total mis-steps of childhood favorites. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Bill Golden at 7:49am June 22
? Queen were better than the Eagles?
-- Not a fair question. Both great. Different genres.

? Biden's prediction ...
-- The world is not a happy place. Will be unhappier. Obama is not a cowboy.... Read More

? Futurama.
-- Future is good!

? Cussing.
-- If you need this to get your point across then you don't have a point.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...