Saturday, March 24, 2007

Options

What a day again. My current uncharacteristic streak of having good days is somehow continuing under its own power. I don't know why, and I don't really care. Well, I don't really care as long as it holds up, that is.

Last year, I wrote a little blog about how my employment options were nil. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a significant job to save my fucking life. My resume is narrowly tailored to two things: being a filmmaker; being a soldier. Yes, the irony is that, shortly after I wrote it, I landed a job as an engineering and marketing assistant, but that's not the point. I couldn't get a job that I actually wanted.

Somehow, and once again I don't care how, all of that has changed within the last week or so. The irony here is that I'm already immensely busy without these new occupational developments. Followers of this blog know that I am busy producing a short film, pre-producing another short film, writing several scripts, and traveling a lot. But... now I have a job offer in lovely Reno, Nevada, to possibly work for a television commercial company (they do the NBA commercials for MTV, and have just landed an OLN network development deal). I also have fishing line and bait in the water for a possible (but, admittedly, unlikely at this point) job in Wilmington, North Carolina. And there's the persistent option, option three: Los Angeles.

Make no mistake, my ultimate goal is still Southern California with all of the bad traffic and crazy people, but the first two options certainly will help me get to California much more effectively (but not more quickly).

Anyway, I don't want to sound as though I'm bragging, because I'm not. I'm just a little surprised at my good fortune this year. Of course, last year more than made up for my lack of bad luck, but I'm moving on.

I guess I'm going to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck on everything. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Posted by Pepper on March 26, 2007 - Monday - 12:14 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...