Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oh, Those Anaheim Ducks...

For the first time ever, all three of my favorite professional sports teams are kicking ass (I don't have an NBA team I root for, though I lean toward the Los Angeles Clippers). The Padres made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons for the first time last year (and look to make it again), the Chargers owned the best regular season record in the NFL last year, and the Anaheim Ducks... well, the Ducks are now in possession of the Stanley Cup.

Of course, most of you assholes don't give a shit about hockey, the best team sport in the world, but, hey... the Ducks are NHL champions.

I have to admit, I was a little miffed when the new owners decided to change the Mighty Ducks to just the Ducks (even though I initially thought "Mighty Ducks" was lame when the team was first created), but keeping Wild Wing as the mascot and getting off to a fast, kick-ass start this season quieted my grumblings. A slow-down in the middle of the season almost started me back up, but as I was in a transitional phase, I didn't really feel like complaining about hockey.

Last night, however, led by the Niedermayer brothers, Chris Pronger, Teemu Selaane, and uber-goal tender Jean-Sebastian Giguere, the Ducks became the first West Coast NHL champions since the pre-NHL Vancouver Millionaires and Seattle Metropolitans.

What can I say? Southern California kicks ass.

P.S. I apologize to those who received drunken text messages and phone calls at rather inconvenient hours. Then again, since my hockey team is clearly better than yours, you deserved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're apologizing now? Sheesh.

Posted by Jessica Lynn on June 7, 2007 - Thursday - 8:52 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...